Lagos Journal of Banking, Finance and Economic Issues - a quarterly double blind refereed journal welcomes original dissertations from academicians, researchers and practitioners of Finance. The primary aim of the journal is to promote research by disseminating the results of research in finance, accounting, financial economics and sub- areas like: - theory and analysis of financial markets and instruments, financial derivatives research, insurance in relation to finance, portfolio selection, credit and market risk, statistical and empirical financial studies based on advanced stochastic methods, financial instruments for risk management, uncertainty and information in relation to finance.
- The Manuscripts should be in MS-Word format. Manuscripts must be double spaced, with 1-inch margins with "Times New Roman, Font Size 12, black".
- Two or more referees review all contributions by following the double blind system - that is, with the author's name and credentials deleted, so that the reviewers don't know who is authoring the work. The review process takes three months and the status would be known within three months of submission of the article. It is mandatory to mention a valid email address with content submitted online. We will acknowledge the receipt of your paper by email and an article id will be issued to the corresponding author. The author(s) should keep in mind that it would be mandatory to cite this id while sending a query about a paper submitted online.
- In the first page of the paper (cover page), please provide full names (first, middle and last names) and full addresses (institute's address along with designation and correspondence address) along with email address of the author(s).The author's name or affiliations should not appear anywhere else in the body of the manuscript, because our peer-review process is blinded.
- The actual paper should commence from the second page containing the title followed by the abstract, keywords and the main paper. The author's name should not be mentioned anywhere except in the first page (cover page).
- The Manuscripts should be in the range of 3000-4000 words. The manuscript should mention the time period in which the research was conducted.
- The abstract, followed by relevant keywords, should not be more than 250 words and should adequately describe the work and highlight its significance. The abstract should only include text. Avoid the use of abbreviations and references.
- Every manuscript should be labeled as being:
A Research Paper
A Case Study
- Tables should be numbered consecutively The title of the table should be placed above the table. Wherever necessary, the source should be indicated at the bottom. Please provide table(s) as real table(s) with rows,
columns and cells. Each piece of information should reside in its own cell.
- Figures should be numbered consecutively. Wherever necessary, the source should be indicated at the bottom. The figures should also be given relevant titles.
- All tables, charts, graphs, diagrams should be black and not in color. The images should be of high resolution and in black and white only. Number and complexity of such exhibits should be as low as possible. All charts and graphs should be drawn legibly and figures should be indicated in millions and billions.
- References should be included at the end of the paper. All the references should be cited in the body of the text. References and citations should be complete in all respects and arranged in alphabetical order. References must be in accordance with the latest APA style.
- Display formulae and mathematical equations should be numbered serially. Equations should be typewritten and use the form (l).
- Footnotes, italics, and quotation marks should be kept to the minimum.
- Manuscripts not accepted for publication will not be sent back to contributors. Contributors whose papers are accepted or rejected will be informed by email only. Hence, it is mandatory to mention a valid email address with the submitted content.
- If the article is submitted by post, the cover page of the paper should carry the full names of authors (first, middle and last names) and full addresses of the authors (institute's address along with designation and correspondence address) along with email address of the authors. The author's name or affiliations should not appear anywhere else in the body of the manuscript. The hard copy of the paper has to be submitted along with a signed hard copy of the Author Disclosure Form For Reviewal.
To enable the Publisher to protect the copyright of the journal, authors must send a signed copy of the Author Disclosure Form For Reviewal (when a paper is submitted for review) and the Pre- Publication Author Disclosure Form (after a paper is accepted for publication).
After a paper is received, it is sent to the subject matter expert for blind review.
The review process takes 3 months.
The Editors reserve the right to accept or refuse an article for publication, without assigning any reasons.
After the review process is completed, the authors will be informed about the decision of the reviewers by email.
AFTER A PAPER IS ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION
1) If a paper is accepted for publication, the authors will be informed by email about the acceptance.
2) An electronic version of the manuscript in MS- Word would be required once the paper is accepted for publication.
3) Each author of the paper will have to sign the Pre-Publication Author Disclosure Form and the soft and hard copy of this form (with signatures of all authors) has to be submitted to the Editorial Office of Lagos Journal of Banking, Finance and Economic Issues.
4) An article accepted for publication is subject to the payment of a publication fee
5) Copyright of published articles will rest with Lagos Journal of Banking, Finance and Economic Issues.
6) Each author will receive a complimentary copy of the Journal issue in which their paper is published.
7) The final draft is subject to editorial amendments to suit the journal's requirements.
STYLE AND PUNCTUATION MUST BE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING
Uniform Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12; Black
Tables Font: Times New Roman, Font Size 12;Black
The table title should be at the Top of the table. Example:
Table 1: Liquidity Ratios of the Nigerian banking Industry
Figure(s) Font: Times New Roman, Font Size 12
The Figure title should be attheTop of the Figure. Example:
Figure 1: Trend in Gearing Ratios
Illustrations submitted (line drawings, halftones, photos, photomicrographs, etc.) should be clean originals or digital files. Digital files are recommended for highest quality reproduction and should follow these guidelines: 300 dpi or higher; sized to fit on journal page; EPS, TIFF, or PSD format only; and submitted as separate files, not embedded in text files.
EXAMPLE OF A BOOK
Owualah, S. I. (2006), Small Business Finance, Caleb Publishers, Lagos.
BOOKS (WITH MORE THAN THREE AUTHORS)
Owualah, S. I., Ezike, J., and Olowe, R.A. (2010) Problems in Business Financing in Nigeria. Lagos, University of Lagos Press.
CONTRIBUTION TO A BOOK
Ezike. J., and Olowe, R. A. (2010). Contemporary issues in Small Business Financing in Nigeria. In S. I. Owualah (ed.), Business Financing in Nigeria (pp. 239–252). Lagos: Department of Finance, University of Lagos.
Adegbite, F, and Ezike, J. (2006). "A Profile of the Operations of Multinationals in Nigeria", Canadian Journal of Finance, Volume 10, Issue 1, Summer/Autumn, p. 83-96.
JOURNAL ARTICLE FROM A SUBSCRIPTION DATABASE
Adegbite, F, and Ezike, J. (2006). "A Profile of the Operations of Multinationals in Nigeria", Canadian Journal of Finance, Volume 10, Issue 1, Summer/Autumn, p. 83-96. Retrieved August 21, 2009, from the EBSCO database.
EXAMPLE OF A SEMINAR PUBLICATION
Adegbite, F, and Ezike, J. (2006). "A Profile of the Operations of Multinationals in Nigeria”, Conference conducted at the 3rd Annual Finance Conference of the Department of Finance, University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria 19-22 June.
UNPUBLISHED DISSERTATIONS AND THESIS
Adegbite, F. (2006). "A Profile of the Operations of Multinationals in Nigeria”, Thesis, University of Lagos.
EXAMPLE OF WEBSITE/ONLINE DOCUMENTATION
Always indicate the date when the source was accessed, as online resourced are frequently updated or removed.
Iyiegbuniwe, W. C. (2009). Nigerian Banking History. Viewed on April 9, 2010 http://www.njofe.com/publication/pdf
Authors must note that, despite the given examples, references must be in accordance with the latest APA style
MODE OF SUBMISSION
All manuscripts for possible publication in the Lagos Journal of Banking, Finance and Economic Issues must be submitted online at http://www.ljfeunilag.com.
To submit an article on the site, intending authors must first register on the site. Please follow strictly the guidelines for submission on the site.
E-mail and manual submissions are no longer accepted.